This tuition is the same if you are an instrumentalist, composer, or an instrumentalist applying with a pre-formed ensemble. At this time, we are not able to offer a discounted tuition rate for pre-formed ensembles. $2,000 in scholarships are available. Please see below.
- The opportunity to work in chamber ensembles throughout the 10 days
- Lessons and coachings with Akropolis
- Multiple performance opportunities both in traditional recital hall venues and non-traditional community spaces
- The opportunity to give the world-premiere performance of a new work created by one of the ACMI composers
- Composers receive a live premiere of their newly composed work by an ACMI artist ensemble participating in the festival
- Composers receive the opportunity to write a new reed quintet work for Akropolis
- Composers receive a studio-style recording of their work for Akropolis
- Career and entrepreneurial consultations with Akropolis
- One all-access pass to everything at the festival
- Instrumentalists and Composers receive an archival audio WAV file and a link to a three-camera-shot video of their chamber performances
- Spending 10 days living and learning with Akropolis in beautiful Northern Michigan!
Room and Board
- A single room with double occupancy in Crist Hall on the Bay View campus for 10 days
- Participants can expect 1 roommate. It is dorm-style housing with shared bathrooms.
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner Monday-Friday; breakfast/lunch on Saturday; brunch and dinner on Sunday
Tuition does not include your travel to and from Bay View, MI
Shuttle to and from location Airports
$35 one way from Pellston (20 min. away) or $75 one way from Traverse City (1.5 hrs away). After you’ve been accepted to the program, you will receive an email from Matt McFarlane, Director of Operations at the Bay View Festival, to coordinate your transportation and payment.
Payment of Tuition if You’re Accepted
Upon acceptance to the Festival, a deposit of $350 is due by May 1, 2022.
The deposit is required to reserve your place at ACMI and is applied toward the $1,800 tuition. If the participant cancels, the deposit is non-refundable. If the festival is cancelled due to Covid-19, ALL fees will be returned to the student.
ACMI and/or Bay View reserve the right to dismiss any applicant from the festival at any time, with no refund, for reasons including but not limited to disorderly conduct, breaking ACMI's rules, breaking local, state or federal laws, or for not adhering to Bay View's rules and regulations.
Payment plans, after the initial $350 reserving your place at ACMI, can be designed with the help of the Bay View Festival. Tuition must be paid in full prior to the festival, but creative measures can be designed if necessary.
Tuition will be paid electronically or by check to Bay View Festival.
To make ACMI accessible to students with financial need, Akropolis has made $2,000 in scholarship funding available via a separate scholarship application. You may indicate if you wish to receive this scholarship application by checking the box within the full ACMI application. After your ACMI application is submitted, you will receive the scholarship application via email, and we request that you submit it within 2 weeks of receipt.
Scholarships will be determined after receiving all applications and reviewing the need of all applicants accepted to the festival. Participants will be accepted without regard to their financial need. Then, among the accepted applicants, any scholarship applications will be reviewed. The $2,000 in scholarship funding will be allotted at that point, divided up to make the most impact possible on accessibility.
For pre-formed ensembles, each individual will be considered for a scholarship separately, on their own, and any members of a pre-formed ensemble interested in a scholarship should apply individually for a scholarship. The person completing the ACMI application on behalf of the ensemble can indicate in the application if any members of the ensemble would like to apply for a scholarship.
No refunds are given after July 1st. No refunds are made for participants arriving late, leaving early, or canceling. The application fee is non-refundable for applicants who are not accepted. For accepted applicants the application fee is applied to your tuition payment.